"This website" means all webpages located on the www.modasociety.com domain name.
This website is the website of Sharing Economy Alliance Proprietary Limited (“SEA”), trading as Moda Society (“MS”) and its related entities, and is not the website of Moda Boutique (“MB”) and its related entities.
Description of services
On this website MS provides users with access to purchase and/or hire designer fashion pieces from a range of brands.
MS offers a wide range of services and sometimes additional terms (“Additional Terms”) may apply to your use thereof.
If an Afterpay order is cancelled as a result of incorrect sizing or hiring information, you may only receive a partial refund.
Each of the following activities are prohibited:
- use of any type of data accumulation tool, robot, or spider to compile, disseminate, extract, process, reproduce, or repackage in any form or monitor any of the web pages, content, data or information contained within or accessible through this website;
- to accumulate or combine the content, data or information contained or accessible through this website with content, data or information from any third party, without MS’s prior written permission;
- use of high-volume, automated or systematic processes to obtain data or other information from this website;
- compiling, repackaging or disseminating any information or data from this website;
- accumulating data or information from this website whether or not using any automatic or manual process;
- use of any type of device, process, routine or software either systematically or non-systematically to interfere or attempt to interfere with the functioning of this website or any transaction or process conducted on or through this website;
- creating a link to this website from another website without MS's prior written permission;
- any use of this website for an unlawful purpose or activity;
- either yourself or through a third party changing, modifying, reproducing, or creating any works derived from this website, or displaying in public, any part or content of this website without MS’s prior written permission or unless you have a non-excludable legal right to do so.
This website may only be used for the following permitted activities:
- a use authorised in writing by MS or a related entity;
- MS staff carrying out their duties for MS; and
- temporary browsing as a genuine customer of MS, or for personal non-commercial interest.
- Although MS endeavours to ensure the information contained on this website is accurate, complete and up to date, we do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or currency of any such information.
- Some services are offered solely to assist you deciding to use us as an intermediary to rent, lend, hire or purchase an item. You are not authorised to, and you agree not to, use high-volume, automated or systematic processes to obtain quotes or make listing applications, or to make an excessive number of requests to the services.
- You also agree not to use, copy, compile, repackage or disseminate any information obtained from any MS service for any purpose other than your personal, non-commercial purposes without MS’s prior written consent, and you specifically agree that you will not use, or obtain with an intention to use, such information for the purpose of discovering the business logic of either service, or creating a tool that predicts the operation of our service.
- This website may contain links to third party websites. MS and its related entities do not make any representations or warranties as to the contents of any third party websites, and expressly disclaim that they operate any website other than this website. Third party links accessible from this site is not an endorsement of those website’s content, products, services or information. MS is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred from directly or indirectly accessing third party websites from links on MS.
SEA trademarks, if existent, may not be used or reproduced without the prior written consent of MS. MS may use SEA trademarks for each of their respective products and services.
Disclaimer of warranty
All content, products, and services on the website, or available through the service, or obtained from a website to which the website is linked (a "linked website") are provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind either express or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, security or accuracy.
Moda Society does not endorse and is not responsible for (a) the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made through the website or service by any party, (b) any content provided on linked websites or (c) the capabilities or reliability of any product or service obtained from a linked website.
Other than as required under applicable consumer protection law or Fair Trading Acts, under no circumstance will Moda Society be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user's reliance on information obtained through the website or a linked website, or user's reliance on any product or service obtained from a linked website.
It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice or other content available through the website, or obtained from a linked website. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific opinion, advice, product, service, or other content.
Limitation of liability
You expressly understand and agree that Moda Society and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Moda Society has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from use of the website, content or any related services.
Garments = Any item hired through Moda Society
Luxury Garments = Any leather Garments, or are of high value, as determined solely by Moda Society.
Identification for Luxury Garments
Step 1: You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours from when your order is placed through MS confirming your order details.
Step 2: You will receive a second email within 72 hours from the date your order is placed with ID verification requirements including but not limited to a photo of yourself holding your passport / driver’s licence / proof of age card. You must return the required documentation to MS within 24 hours of receipt. The required documentation must be clear and legible for verification purposes.
Step 3: You will receive an email from MS confirming that the Luxury Garment has been dispatched for delivery or, if MS has not approved the ID verification supplied, you did not return the ID verification or you supplied the incorrect ID verification, MS will cancel the order and notify you.
If the order is cancelled as a result of you not supplying the requested information or the requested information is supplied incorrectly, your booking fee is forfeit and you may incur additional fees.
Rental Period & Late Fees
You will book and make necessary payments for the Garments and Luxury Garments (“Goods”) for a specified period of time (“Rental Period”).
The Rental Period begins when the Goods are marked as delivered as determined by the Australia Post registered tracking number or where the Goods are delivered to you. You must return the Goods on or before the end of the Rental Period. The Rental Period ceases when the Goods are received by Australia Post and scanned for delivery as determined by the registered tracking number.
MS is entitled to charge you additional fees if the Goods are not returned by the end of the Rental Period (“Late Fee”). The Late Fee will be a fixed fee of $30 (if the recommended retail value of the Goods is under $1,000 and $50 (if the recommended retail value of the Goods is over $1,000 AUD) for each day overdue.
The Late Fees will not incur when the Rental Period ceases on a weekend or public holiday and as such, you will not be subject to overdue charges during that period. The overdue charges will incur when the post office commences for trading.
The Late Fees will continue to incur until such time as 100% of the recommended retail value has been charged to you and at which time the Late Fees will cease to accrue.
If the Goods are not returned from 20 days from the end of the Rental Period, you acknowledge and accept that MS will invoice you for the balance of 100% of the recommended retail value of the Goods and the Goods no longer need to be returned.
You further acknowledge and accept that you will be liable for to pay the invoice within seven (7) days of receipt. If you believe that you should not have incurred Late Fees you must contact MS within three (3) days from the date of receipt of the tax invoice. MS will determine whether the late fees will be waived, limited or upheld.
Risk and Damage
You accept full responsibility for the safekeeping of the Goods and warrant that due care will be taken while in receipt of any Goods from MS.
You accept full responsibility for the Goods whilst they are in your possession and control and you agree, that you are liable for any damage that is caused to the Goods, or if the Goods are missing or stolen.
You acknowledge and accept you will be liable to the pay any damage to the Goods or the Goods are not returned satisfactorily, as determined by MS (“Damage Fee”).
You acknowledge and accept that MS will issue you with a tax invoice for the Damage Fee to the Goods. You further acknowledge and accept that you will be liable for to pay the Damage Fee tax invoice within seven (7) days of receipt.
MS, in its sole discretion will determine whether the garment is damaged beyond repair. In such case, you will be liable to pay MS for a replacement at the recommended retail value of the Goods.
MS has sole discretion to consider other factors when assessing the replacement value including demand for the Goods, condition of the Goods and the rental fee already paid.
You acknowledge and accept that a cancellation penalty may apply to your cancelled booking.
Bookings cancelled within seven (7) days of the booking date will not be refunded.
A 40% refund will be provided for orders cancelled in advance of seven (7) days of the booking date.
If MS is unable to service a request, you will receive a 100% refund.
Title to Goods
You acknowledge that the Goods are the absolute property of MS at all times unless otherwise provided for.
You must inform MS, in writing, of any defects, quality issues or damage in the Goods within six (6) hours of the receipt of the Goods.